This is a history of the Bryant Center in North Omaha, Nebraska, starting in 1966 and continuing to today!
Category: North 24th Street
A History of Joslyn Hall in North Omaha
From 1916 to 1964, a three-story brick building sat at N. 24th and Evans St. in North Omaha, Nebraska. This is a history of the building, originally called Joslyn Hall and then University Apartments.
A History of the YMCA Athletic Park in North Omaha
This is a history of the YMCA Athletic Park, located in the Saratoga neighborhood of North Omaha, Nebraska, at the turn of the 20th century.
A History of the 9 Center Five and Dime in North Omaha
This is a history of the 9 Center Variety Store in North Omaha, Nebraska from 1938 to 1947.
A Biography of Perfect Peace
North Omaha has been home to all kinds of people. Some were entrepreneurs, some were devoutly religious, and every now … More
A Biography of Political Activist Andrew Stuart
This is a history of the Stuart Art Shoppe in North Omaha, a bastion of the Arts in the community during the Great Depression.
A History of 2902 North 25th Street
This is a history of the 1870 house at 2902 N. 25th St. in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Native Omahans Festival
This is a history of the Native Omaha Festival, which has happened biennially in North Omaha, Nebraska since 1976.
A History of the Suburban Theater
The Saratoga neighborhood has existed since Nebraska was on the edge of the Wild West. After its glorious revelry during … More
A History of the Military Road in North Omaha
This is a history of Military Road aka Military Avenue in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of Metoyer’s BBQ
This is a history of Metoyer’s BBQ in North Omaha, Nebraska, which was open from 1958 to 1985.
A History of the Calhoun Hotel
This is a history of the Calhoun Hotel, a Black hotel at 2423 Lake Street in North Omaha from 1946 to 1962.
A History of the 3006 Building in North Omaha
This is a history of the historic storefronts located at N. 24th and Binney Streets in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of Relations between Jews and African Americans in Omaha
This is a history of relations between Black people and Jews in Omaha, Nebraska. It details instances, occasions, places and spaces where the Jewish community interacted with the Black community in the city.
History of Beal’s Grill
This is a history of the popular Beal’s Grill, a longtime mainstay near Creighton University at N. 24th and California Streets.
History of the Forbes Bakery, Ak-Sar-Ben Bakery, and Royal Bakery
This is a history of Forbes Bakery in North Omaha from 1921 through 1938.
History of Department Stores in North Omaha
Department stores once dotted the area north of Dodge and east of North 72nd Street. This is a history of department stores in North Omaha.
History of Bakeries in North Omaha
Once located all over North Omaha, there are few bakeries left — but lots of memories! This is an account of some of the bakeries from the community’s history.
History of North Omaha’s American Legion Post #30
Charity, socializing, and fraternity drove the American Legion Theodore Roosevelt Post #30 in North Omaha. Discover what happened to them.
Biography of Dr. William W. Peebles
A founder of Omaha’s first African American post of the American Legion, Dr. W.W. Peebles DDS kept a 50+ year dental practice in Omaha.
History of the 24th Street Dairy Queen
From 1951 to 1963, the 24th Street Dairy Queen was serve the Black community in the Near North Side. This is a history of the business.
Biography of Dr. Craig Morris
One African American dentist in Omaha was a civil rights advocate, economic justice activist, and medical leader in the community. Then he simply left North Omaha. This is a biography of his life in the community.
History of the Omaha Night Owls
A century ago, the Omaha Night Owls were the “Hottest Colored Orchestra in Town.” This is their story.
History of 2410 Lake Street
This is a history of the now-demolished building that once stood at 2410 Lake Street that housed a vaudeville theater, movies, a nightclub, a bowling alley, a supper club, and a teen club, as well as a bar before it was demolished in the 1970s.
A History of the Omaha Fire Station #6
Omaha Fire Department station #6 was located at 914-16 North 24th Street. It was built in 1906 and demolished in the 1970s.