This is a history of the Circus Grounds at N. 20th and Paul Streets in North Omaha from the 1870s through the 1930s.
This is a history of East Omaha’s demolished Pershing School in the former District 61.
This is a history of North Omaha’s Ponca Road, providing an important lifeline in the Ponca Hills for more than a century!
A social force, culture builder, educational center and powerful advocacy base, the Negro YWCA was vital to African Americans advancement in Omaha.
Sulphur Springs was a settlement in the Nebraska Territory from 1854 to 1877. This article shares some of its history.
The story of Doc George Smith, a longtime civil servant and respected mentor among pioneer Omahans.
This is a history of Omaha’s North Downtown neighborhood.
Lake School was a fixture in the neighborhood for a century. This is its history…
North Omaha’s Provident Hospital was an attempt to challenge the city’s racism. What happened?
A lost amusement park haunts nobody’s memories, and some even deny it ever existed. This is Lakeview Amusement Park and the Sand Point Beach.
The Winspear Triangle was a contested land north of downtown, filled with poor people, planned with poor ideas and barely actualized in the present times.
This is a history of the North Omaha Bottoms, an area of the city not thought of much today, but once a key to its future!
There were and are many segregated schools in Omaha, and this is an account of their history.
This is a history of Scriptown in the Nebraska Territory.
This is a history of the Kellom Heights neighborhood, including the pioneer era, the school and its redevelopment.
This is a history of the Charles B. Washington North Branch of the Omaha Public Library.
Monmouth Park School was open for 80 years, leaving indelible marks on the soul of North Omaha forever.
Some of the grandest architecture in North Omaha today is accounted for in this short article.
This is a history of a controversial, then popular, then forgotten idea in Omaha called the Market House.
The history of the village of Irvington, near North Omaha, Nebraska, starts in 1857 and extends to today.
This is a history of the demolition of the Trans-Mississippi Exposition of 1898 and the Greater America Exposition of 1899.
The intersection of 40th and Hamilton has a rich legacy affecting several neighborhoods…
The Omaha history mystery of the lost monument is unravelled by guest author Michele Wyman.
The biggest subdivision in Omaha’s history in 1926, Florence Field was an Army balloon field, then home to 1,100 lots. Here’s the story!
Omaha North High School is the most spectacular high school in Nebraska, and among the very best in the United States.
Colleges, universities and other higher education institutions are scattered throughout North Omaha history. Here’s a summary.
Malcolm X Memorial Park sits in the heart of North Omaha’s Kountze Place. Discover why you don’t hear about it anymore.
Its an understatement to say that railroads helped build North Omaha; they were absolutely vital. Here’s a summary of their history.
This is a history of the buildings at North 24th and Fort Streets in the Miller Park neighborhood.
Opened in 1952, the Spencer Projects in North Omaha have a long, complex history of neglect, crime and community building.
From 1935 to 1940, more than 200 workers lived in a CCC camp at Levi Carter Park. Here is a history of their time.
DeBolt, Nebraska shows up on cell phones and social media statuses. Learn why in this article…
The Benson Motor Company operated on present-day Maple Street for more than two decades.
This is a modern history of North 24th and Lake Streets in North Omaha. Several buildings and initiatives are detailed.
MY list of 75 places in North Omaha that are over 117 years old, give or take a few places.
A history of Omaha’s Eppley Airfield from 1925 to present. It has also been called the American Legion Municipal Airport and the Omaha Municipal Airport.
On Veterans Day, 1941, there was a giant parade for the dedication of a new monument to honor the life of John J. Pershing, General of the Armies during World War I. The City of Omaha named a new roadway leading from Abbott Drive to River Drive after him, as well. This is the story
Robert Strehlow helped build the 1898 Trans-Mississippi Expo and several others, then the Strehlow Terrace apartments.
Drifting high above North Omaha for 12 years, dirigibles and balloons that were lighter than air showed how Fort Omaha was central to US Army experimentation. This article shares the short history of the balloon school that showed so much promise early on.