This is a history of the Webster School in Omaha, Nebraska for 81 years from 1888 to 1969.
Category: Wrecked buildings
A History of Industry in North Omaha
This is a history of industry in North Omaha, Nebraska, from 1854 to present.
A History of the Jefferson Square Neighborhood
This is a history of Omaha’s first public park; first public school; it’s Native American neighborhood; and it’s “Hobo Park,” all wrapped up in one. This is a history of Jefferson Square in Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of Commercial Buildings in North Omaha
This is a history of commercial buildings in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Intersection of North 42nd and Redman Avenue
This is a history of the intersection of N. 42nd and Redman Ave. in North Omaha, Nebraska. It discusses the development, businesses, and demise of the intersection including factors affecting it.
A History of the Fort Omaha School
This is the history of the Fort Omaha School, a grade school once located in the Miller Park neighborhood of North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Parkside Cafe in North Omaha
The Parkside Cafe was located at 4438 Ames Avenue in North Omaha, Nebraska, from 1959 to 1976.
A History of 2621 North 16th Street
Here is a history of one of the buildings that’s been gone from North Omaha for more than 40 years, 2621 North 16th Street.
A History of the Clifton Hill Neighborhood in North Omaha
This is a history of the Clifton Hill neighborhood in North Omaha, Nebraska, founded in 1885.
A History of the Military Road in North Omaha
This is a history of Military Road aka Military Avenue in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Holy Angels Parish in North Omaha
This is a history of the former Holy Angels Catholic parish in North Omaha, Nebraska from 1910-1981.
A History of the Calhoun Hotel
This is a history of the Calhoun Hotel, a Black hotel at 2423 Lake Street in North Omaha from 1946 to 1962.
A History of the Willis Hotel
This is a history of Myrtle Washington’s High Class Colored Boarding House once located at 2324 N. 22nd Street, North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Lost Blue Windows House
This is a history of the lost Blue Windows home, a one-time iconic residence in the Ponca Hills of North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of the Beacon Theater
This is a history of the Beacon Theater in North Omaha, Nebraska.
A History of The Climmie
This is a history the Climmie, a rowhouse at 2514 N. 16th St. in North Omaha, Nebraska.
History of Bakeries in North Omaha
Once located all over North Omaha, there are few bakeries left — but lots of memories! This is an account of some of the bakeries from the community’s history.
History of the Tip Top Products Company
Millions of bobby pins, pink hair curlers, and other products came flying out of the Tip Top Products Company factories in Omaha. This is a history of the company.
History of the Omaha Casket Company
A tornado and a fire couldn’t stop the Omaha Casket Company, which made boxes for the dead in North Omaha from 1892 to 1939.
Directory of Historic North Omaha Church Buildings
This is a directory of historic North Omaha church buildings. Many are still churches; some are not.
History of North Omaha’s American Legion Post #30
Charity, socializing, and fraternity drove the American Legion Theodore Roosevelt Post #30 in North Omaha. Discover what happened to them.
A History of Cass Street School
Located in the original Near North Side neighborhood, one grade school at North 14th and Cass Street served immigrants, African Americans, adults, and others. Today the school is largely forgotten.
History of the North Freeway in Omaha
First conceptualized in 1954, it took almost 40 years for North Omaha’s highest high speed corridor to be completed. This is a history of the North Freeway.
A History of Winter Quarters
In 1846, a town emerged on the western bank of the Missouri River. Although it only existed for a few … More
A History of the Omaha Fire Station #6
Omaha Fire Department station #6 was located at 914-16 North 24th Street. It was built in 1906 and demolished in the 1970s.