Department stores once dotted the area north of Dodge and east of North 72nd Street. This is a history of department stores in North Omaha.
In the course of a century, a lot of things can change in a neighborhood. The Near North Side of Omaha has had a lot of changes, with some buildings transitioning from vital to demolished with reckless abandon. This is a history of the building once located at 1324 North 24th Street. The neighborhoods between … Continue reading A History of 1324 North 24th Street
This is a history of the Ames Plaza, opened in 1960 at North 56th and Ames Avenue in then-Northwest Omaha.