This is a history of the YMCA Athletic Park, located in the Saratoga neighborhood of North Omaha, Nebraska, at the turn of the 20th century.
This is a history of the Prince Hall Masons in Omaha, Nebraska.
The Saratoga neighborhood has existed since Nebraska was on the edge of the Wild West. After its glorious revelry during … More
This is a history of the former Holy Angels Catholic parish in North Omaha, Nebraska from 1910-1981.
This is a history of 4225 Florence Boulevard in the Saratoga neighborhood of North Omaha, Nebraska.
This is a history of the Gruenig Mansion at 2406 Fowler Avenue in the Saratoga neighborhood of North Omaha, Nebraska.
This is a history of LaRue’s Cafe and LaRue’s Scalp Treatment in North Omaha.
Today it looks like a bland industrial space along a decrepit street in a rundown part of Omaha. However, once this gigantic building was a foothold into the middle class for hundreds of workers; and again it was a warehouse to store parts for the homes of thousands across the community. Soon it will have a new future as a tribute to a community scion and African American icon for all times. This is a history of 4402 Florence Boulevard in the Saratoga Belt Line Historic District of North Omaha.
The building at 4426 Florence Boulevard is located in the Saratoga Belt Line Historic District. Built in 1926, it is a storefront and open space that has no basement. The City of Omaha Planning Department currently rates the building in poor condition. This is a history.
In 2021, the Omaha City Council named the area around North 24th and Ames Avenue as an Economic Vitality Preservation … More
This is a timeline of the history of the Saratoga neighborhood in North Omaha, including the intersection of 24th and Ames. Included here are events, places and people central to the neighborhood’s existence as a pioneer town, leafy suburb, and a seemingly abandoned urban neighborhood.
One building defined the early history of a boom-and-bust town located in present-day North Omaha. Despite only being open for a short time, the building left a long shadow on the area. This is a history of the Saratoga Springs Hotel in the town of Saratoga, Nebraska Territory.
This is the history of a fine home called the Rome Miller Mansion at 4823 Florence Boulevard in North Omaha, Nebraska.
This is a biography of Everett S. Dodds, and prolific architect who designed many buildings in North Omaha from 1914 through 1940.
This is a history of the North Star Theater, the Ames Theatre and the building standing today at N. 25th and Ames Avenue in North Omaha.
When the automobile industry was just getting started, every major city in the United States had at least one manufacturer. … More
This is a history of the Saratoga fire station at N. 22nd and Ames Avenue from the 1890s through the 1970s.
This is a history of Saratoga School at N. 25th and Meredith Ave in North Omaha.
Sulphur Springs was a settlement in the Nebraska Territory from 1854 to 1877. This article shares some of its history.
This is a biography of one of Florence’s most important historical figures.
This is a history of the Charles B. Washington North Branch of the Omaha Public Library.
This is a history of King Solomon’s Mines, a nightclub open at 2425 Ames Avenue in North Omaha from 1970-1972.
The Omaha Auto Speedway had a short life, but a long impact on racing in the city.
For almost a century, the Metropolitan Building and Loan Association helped North Omaha grow.
This is a history of an individual and the short-lived organization she created. It’s a story about the power, purpose and potential of young people in North Omaha, and the constant struggle between the City of Omaha and the Black community. This is a history of Beverly Blackburn (1937-1973) and the JFK Rec Center.