This is a directory of historic North Omaha church buildings. Many are still churches; some are not.
A wealthy industrialist worked hard, then died. His wife gave the City of Omaha a lot of money to commemorate his life, and today the name is all over East Omaha. This is a biography of Levi Carter.
This is a timeline of the history of the Saratoga neighborhood in North Omaha, including the intersection of 24th and Ames. Included here are events, places and people central to the neighborhood's existence as a pioneer town, leafy suburb, and a seemingly abandoned urban neighborhood.
Adam's Note: This is a guest article by Jody Lovallo in her continuing series about important women in North Omaha history. Check out the "You Might Like..." section below for links to her other articles. Enjoy "A History of the Zabriskie Mansion" by Jody Lovallo.
This is a history of St. John's Catholic Parish in North Omaha, Nebraska, including its K-12 school.
This is a history of the Ames Plaza, opened in 1960 at North 56th and Ames Avenue in then-Northwest Omaha.
This is a history of the Charles Storz House built in 1909 in the Kountze Place neighborhood.