This is a biography of one of Florence’s most important historical figures.
This is a history of the Charles B. Washington North Branch of the Omaha Public Library.
This is a history of King Solomon’s Mines, a nightclub open at 2425 Ames Avenue in North Omaha from 1970-1972.
The Omaha Auto Speedway had a short life, but a long impact on racing in the city.
For almost a century, the Metropolitan Building and Loan Association helped North Omaha grow.
The John F. Kennedy Recreation Center, also called the Blackburn Recreation Center after its founding owner Beverly Wead Blackburn Jones, was located at 4514 North 24th Street between 1965 and 1970. Mrs. Jones began her work with youth when she was 17 at the Kellom Community Center, and became the director in 1957 at the age of 20. In […]
Thomas Frank Stroud’s North Omaha business was successful. After starting it in Omaha in 1894, he formally organized the firm in 1895 to build dirt moving machines that he designed. In 1905, he built a $20,000 factory at the intersection of Florence Boulevard and the Belt Line tracks.