This is a history of Jim Bell and Jerry Morris’s supper club called The Off Beat, located at 24th and Lake from 1952-1969.
This is a history of the Ames Plaza, opened in 1960 at North 56th and Ames Avenue in then-Northwest Omaha.
For more than 50 years, Holy Family Catholic has been among the most activist Catholic parishes in Omaha. Before that it was an Italian parish, and before that, Irish. Here’s a history.
This is a history of charity burials of the unidentified and impoverished at Potter Field in North Omaha.
This is a biography of Helen Mahammit (1869-1950), a leading African American caterer, chef and teacher in Omaha for 45 years.
This is a history of the North Star Theater, the Ames Theatre and the building standing today at N. 25th and Ames Avenue in North Omaha.
This is a history of the Omaha Rockets, an independent Black baseball team from 1947 to 1950.