There were and are many segregated schools in Omaha, and this is an account of their history.
Dr. Eugene Skinner was Omaha Public Schools’ first Black principal. This is his story.
Examining the rise and fall of North Omaha requires a long and complicated journey through politics, culture, economics and more. One of the important early anchors of the community demonstrated the ability of one organization to steer things astray. Opening the Coliseum Built in 1879, the Coliseum was located at 2226 North […]
North Omaha’s Saint Benedict Catholic Church has been a bastion of hope for the Near North Side for almost a century. Here’s their story.
This is a modern history of North 24th and Lake Streets in North Omaha. Several buildings and initiatives are detailed.
North Omaha’s Martha T. Smith Home for the Aged opened in 1913 as the Colored Old Folks Home. This is the history…
The Long School neighborhood is located in North Omaha from Hamilton Street on the south to Erskine on the North; North 24th on the east and the North Freeway on the west, and it has a total of 30 blocks. Houses started getting built in the neighborhood as early as the 1860s. However, it wasn’t until Long School was built that things really got underway. This is a history of the neighborhood.