Public housing was introduced in Omaha in 1937 when the federal Housing Act was passed. This act made federal loans to the city for the construction of low-income public housing. In the 1930s, the City of Omaha first created an informal housing authority meant to address the housing needs of low-income European immigrants. Seeking to […]
This is a history of the Saratoga fire station at N. 22nd and Ames Avenue from the 1890s through the 1970s.
This is a history of the 1898 Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition.
This is a history of East Omaha’s demolished Pershing School in the former District 61.
This is a history of North Omaha’s Ponca Road, providing an important lifeline in the Ponca Hills for more than a century!
This is a biography of Dr. John A. Singleton, DDS, who represented North Omaha’s Ninth District in the Nebraska Legislature from 1926 to 1928.
This is a biography of former Nebraska legislator George W. Althouse. He was the ninth African American representative from North Omaha.