This is a history of Fontenelle Boulevard from 1903 to the present.
First conceptualized in 1954, it took almost 40 years for North Omaha's highest high speed corridor to be completed. This is a history of the North Freeway.
In 1846, a town emerged on the western bank of the Missouri River. Although it only existed for a few years, there were a lot of elements that resembled a regular town, and its impact is still felt today. This is a history of Winter Quarters in the Indian Country. "A relic of the Mormon … Continue reading A History of Winter Quarters
Omaha Fire Department station #6 was located at 914-16 North 24th Street. It was built in 1906 and demolished in the 1970s.
Amos Potter Scruggs (1875-1946) was a popular African American attorney and government official in Omaha from 1908 to 1934.
Built on the rock bottom of the Missouri River, dreams of today's Mormon Bridge go back to 1846. This article explores the history of the bridge, the ferries, the politics and more.
This is a history of a short-lived neighborhood association with a long shadow over the history of the Near North Side neighborhood.