This is a history of Jim Bell and Jerry Morris’s supper club called The Off Beat, located at 24th and Lake from 1952-1969.
This is a history of the Ames Plaza, opened in 1960 at North 56th and Ames Avenue in then-Northwest Omaha.
This is a biography of Everett S. Dodds, and prolific architect who designed many buildings in North Omaha from 1914 through 1940.
For more than 50 years, Holy Family Catholic has been among the most activist Catholic parishes in Omaha. Before that it was an Italian parish, and before that, Irish. Here’s a history.
This is a history of charity burials of the unidentified and impoverished at Potter Field in North Omaha.
This is a history of the Omaha Rockets, an independent Black baseball team from 1947 to 1950.
When the automobile industry was just getting started, every major city in the United States had at least one manufacturer. In Omaha, there were several including the Ottomobile, Ford trucks, and the Omaha Car, which lasted for just over a year between 1912 and 1913. This is a history of the Omaha Motor Car Company […]