This is a history of the now-demolished building that once stood at 2410 Lake Street that housed a vaudeville theater, movies, a nightclub, a bowling alley, a supper club, and a teen club, as well as a bar before it was demolished in the 1970s.
Omaha Fire Department station #6 was located at 914-16 North 24th Street. It was built in 1906 and demolished in the 1970s.
Omaha had a hard time getting its public school system going. Once they got going, it took more than a decade to build a second school. However, when it opened on the outskirts of the city at North 17th and Izard Streets, the new school was the grandest building of its time. This is a history of the North Omaha School, aka the Izard School.
A giant church building, a large congregation and lots of impact by Immanuel Baptist Church went on for more than 50 years in North Omaha. Today there's no sign of this once-important place. This is a history of the church.
What do Fred Astaire, Roger and Gale Sayers, Bob Gibson, Bob Boozer, Michael Anania, Brenda Council, and former Omaha mayor Johnny Rosenblatt all have in common? Born in the Near North Side, each attended the same school. That same building is a neighborhood institution with deep roots going back at least 140 years in Omaha's past. This is a history of North Omaha's Kellom School.
One building defined the early history of a boom-and-bust town located in present-day North Omaha. Despite only being open for a short time, the building left a long shadow on the area. This is a history of the Saratoga Springs Hotel in the town of Saratoga, Nebraska Territory. Starting a Town This is a historic … Continue reading A History of the Saratoga Springs Hotel in North Omaha
This is a history of the Old Plantation, a display at the Trans-Mississippi and International Exposition in North Omaha in 1898.