In its first 75 years, North Omaha was home to no fewer than four Jewish synagogues, at least 15 Catholic parishes and more than 150 Protestant congregations. These churches reflected the community’s diversity, including ethnic churches where only Italian, German, Norwegian, Danish and other languages were spoke. Within 25 years of Omaha’s founding, there were also several Black churches in the neighborhood north of downtown. This is a history of churches in North Omaha.
How They All Began
In order to see where we’re going, I think its important to understand where churches have been.
The first church in Omaha was the Methodist Church opened by a circuit rider from Council Bluffs, Iowa, named Peter Cooper in 1854, the year the city was founded. As the town grew north in the next decades, churches moved that way, too. Downtown Omaha was the original Omaha, and houses and churches were originally there.
A lot of churches opened in North Omaha between the 1860s and 1900. They moved into the community because more homes were being built there. As houses and apartments were being built for working class, middle class and upper class people throughout North Omaha, churches were built to serve people from different ethnic groups and races, and later different social classes.
Ethnic Churches in North Omaha
European ethnic groups started moving into North Omaha in the 1860s. First, Irish people built their homes on the north side of Omaha; then Italians and Scandinavians moved in, along with Black people moving from the South. When each of these groups moved into the community, they brought their languages, histories, cultural practices and religious heritage.
One example of an ethnic group in North Omaha were the Swedes, who moved in en masse starting in the 1860s. Coming straight from Sweden, they originally only spoke their home language, worked where other Swedes worked, and often spent their money where their fellow countrymen owned businesses. They also started their own churches. Danes built their own churches, too. The Norwegian-Danish Evangelical Lutheran Church was built at North 26th and Hamilton Streets in the early 1880s. The Danish Methodist Church was located in the Near North Side neighborhood at 1713 North 25th Street, and the First Danish Baptist Church was at 2511 Decatur in 1888. St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran was a Danish congregation organized in 1886 that built a church at North 21st and Burdette Streets in 1887. In 1907, they built a new church at North 20th and Burdette Streets, the church’s home for another four decades. Pella Lutheran Church was a Danish congregation started in 1886, eventually building a church at North 30th and Corby Streets in 1894, where they remained until the 1930s. The first Swedish Methodist Church met in Omaha starting in 1869, and in 1894, the first Western Swedish Conference met in Omaha. This was not a separate church, but part of the mainline Methodist Episcopal Church.
Founded to serve the surrounding Irish neighborhood in 1883, North Omaha’s Holy Family Catholic Church is the oldest existing Catholic church building in Omaha. Becoming an Italian congregation after that, and then serving the entire community for the last 75 years, today Holy Family continues to stand strong at N. 18th and Izard Streets.
Germans opened several churches in North Omaha. One denomination that doesn’t exist anymore was called the Evangelical Association, and they opened two German churches: Zion’s Church, which built a structure at North 25th and Caldwell Streets in 1888; and Salem Church at North 18th and Cuming Streets in 1904. The German Immanuel Baptist Church opened at 26th and Seward in 1888 and later moved to 24th and Miami. The Church of the Brethren (Dunkard Society) built a church at 2123 Miami Street in 1915. In 1887, St. Paul’s German-English Lutheran opened at north 28th and Parker Streets. It was demolished by the Easter Sunday Tornado of 1913. The First German Presbyterian Church opened at North 18th and Cuming Streets in 1882. By 1910 they had built another church at 20th and Willis; it became known as Bethany Presbyterian Church and remained there for several decades.
North Omaha was also home to the First Danish Baptist Church starting in 1884. They eventually built a church at 2511 Decatur Street in the Long School neighborhood, and the congregation kept operating into the 1910s. Located on the site of the present-day Blackburn High School, the German Baptist Church was at North 26th and Seward Street from 1886 through the 1910s.
Black Churches in North Omaha
The first Black man in the Omaha area was a slave named York. He was owned by Meriwether Lewis on the 1804-05 Corps of Discovery Expedition. Blacks moved to Omaha from the South starting in the 1860s, and today Black churches are a shining beacon of hope, positivity and empowerment throughout the community.
St. John African Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1867. Five people first met at a house at 9th and Capitol, and then built a church at 18th and Webster in 1867, where they stayed for almost 50 years. It continues as a powerful institution in the Near North Side at 2402 N. 22nd Street in a beautiful building. St. John’s grew three other A.M.E. congregations in Omaha: Bethel AME at North 25th and Franklin Streets; Allen Chapel in South Omaha; and Primm Chapel, formerly at North 18th and Emmet Streets.
The largest African American church in Nebraska for decades, Zion Baptist Church in North Omaha, was founded in 1884. Located at 2215 Grant Street, its current home was designed by North Omaha’s African American architect, Clarence Wigington. Founded in 1887, the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church moved several times before 1927, when they moved to 2602 North 24th Street.
Hillside Presbyterian Church was founded by Harrison J. Pinkett in 1918. After building a church that burnt down in the 1920s and the congregation struggling for 20 years, in 1946 the Omaha Presbytery was going to close it. However, members rallied and a new building was constructed at North 30th and Ohio Streets. When that burnt down, members built a new building but outgrew it by the time it was done. Members eventually merged their congregation with Bethany Presbyterian Church and moved to North 24th Street to integrate, and they took over the old North Presbyterian Church to become Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church. That congregation folded in the 1990s.
The Peoples’ Church was founded in downtown Omaha in 1892. It moved to 1708 N. 26th Street in North Omaha by the 1920s, and stayed open for several years afterwards. The Tabernacle Church of Christ Holiness opened in the 1950s at 1521 North 21st Street in the former synagogue of Beth Hamedrosh Adas Jeshuran. Founded in 1922, St. Benedict the Moor Catholic Church is Nebraska’s only Black Catholic congregation when it was opened at 2423 Grant Street in the Near North Side neighborhood. Beginning in 1913, Clair Methodist Episcopal Church served the Near North Side for several decades. Originally called Grove Methodist Church, they built at North 22nd and Seward Streets. In 1927, the congregation was renamed in honor of a local Methodist bishop, and opened a new building at North 22nd and Miami. They had purchased the former First Church of the Brethren, a German church built in 1915. Clair stayed there for 30 years until moving to the former St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church at 2443 Evans Street. The church moved to 5544 Ames Avenue in 1983 and has been there since.
St. Phillip the Deacon was an Episcopal church built in the early 1890s, and was located at 1119 N. 21st Street. As Omaha’s segregated Black Episcopal church, St. Philip the Deacon grew and built a new structure on Binney Street in Kountze Place in 1949. In 1986, they joined St. John’s Episcopal Church to form an integrated congregation called the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection.
Along with many historic Black churches, North Omaha is also home to many newer African American congregations, too.
Growing Churches in Growing Neighborhoods
Before 1900, almost all of the mainline denominations had congregations in North Omaha. The Lutherans were the largest denomination; Methodists, Episcopalians, Baptists and Congregationalists each had churches in North Omaha. In the century since then, many other congregations and non-denominational churches have emerged across the community. Here is some of the history of growing churches in North Omaha’s history.
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church built a new building in Kountze Place in the 1890s, rebuilt it after the 1913 Easter Tornado, and moved to another North Omaha neighborhood in the 1940s. Plymouth Congregational Church, built in 1915 at 1802 Emmet Street, was sold to Primm Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church in 1961. Primm Chapel closed at some point in the 1980s, and is now home to the Second Baptist Church.
Trinity Lutheran Church was started as a “child church” of the city’s Immanuel Lutheran Church in 1915, and was specifically called Trinity English Church because that was the only language allowed. Located at 6340 N. 30th St, it celebrated its 100 year anniversary this year! Near to Trinity is the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection, which was opened as St. John Episcopal Church in 1927. Another neighbor was built in 1923. Miller Park Presbyterian Church was located at North 30th and Huntington Avenue, next door to Trinity. Today, it is home to the World Fellowship Christian Center.
One of the strongest Black churches in Omaha today is Salem Baptist Church, which has become vital for all of North Omaha. Salem was founded in 1922 as an offshoot of an Interdenominational Church that was located near 26th and Franklin Streets in the Near Northside Neighborhood. In 2000, the congregation finished building a beautiful new church where the Hilltop Housing Projects were located. Omaha’s Second Presbyterian Church was originally opened at North 24th and Nicholas Streets.
Churches were among the first establishments founded in Florence in 1854. St. Philip Neri Church, located at 8200 North 30th Street, has a long history in the Florence neighborhood of North Omaha. Established at N. 31st and Grebe in 1904, the parish opened a school in 1922.
Established to serve several neighborhoods in what was regarded as west Omaha at the time, the first Saint Cecilia Parish church was constructed on a high ridge to the west of the Walnut Hill neighborhood, at present-day North 40th and Burt Streets. A tiny wooden building was finished in 1888 and served for several decades. It was demolished in a windstorm in 1917.
In 1902, in a small chapel on N. 36th and Charles Streets that is still located there, a new congregation called Zion Lutheran Church started. For a decade, all of the services were held in German. The church built a new huge new building at N. 36th and Lafayette in 1919. However, in 1936 it was forced to merge with Trinity Lutheran church because of the Great Depression.
Becoming Augustana Lutheran Church, today the congregation is housed in a 1951 building in the Walnut Hill neighborhood. In 1966, a documentary about a Augustana was nominated for an Oscar award. Called A Time for Burning, it featured a young Ernie Chambers speaking plainly about race and racism in Omaha. In 2005 the film included in the National Film Registry of the United States Library of Congress.
Catholic Parishes in North Omaha
There have been a LOT of Catholic parishes in the history of North Omaha.These are the current and former Catholic high schools in North Omaha. They include have included St. John’s parish; Holy Name; Blessed Sacrament; St. Cecilia Cathedral, and; many others.
The Notre Dame Academy and Convent was built in North Omaha’s Florence neighborhood in the 1920s. Its nuns were Czechs who were intended to serve Omaha’s large Czech community. After identifying their need to serve Omaha, the Sisters of Notre Dame bought Father Flanagan’s Seven Oaks Farm, and hired architects to design a large, E-shaped building to serve as a school. The Notre Dame Academy closed in the 1970s, and today the building serves as housing for the elderly.
Opening in 1919, the Holy Name Catholic Church is located at 2901 Fontenelle Boulevard in North Omaha. In addition to their church, they host a school that serves students from across the city. St. Bernard Catholic Church began as a white frame church at 61st and Miami Streets in 1905, with a parish consisting of “town-folk” from Benson and its surrounding farmers. Today it is located at 3601 N. 65th Street, and supports a school also.
Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church was founded in 1919 on the northwest corner of North 30th and Curtis Avenue. The first church on the site was a wooden building that served as a church at Fort Omaha. Moved from there to the new site, the church built its first permanent structure in 1921. After operating a school, convent and outreach programs for years, the church closed in 2014.
There have been literally dozens of Catholic schools located in North Omaha through the years.
In 1897, Herman Kountze donated land to the Sacred Heart Catholic Church to relocate their church to Kountze Place. They quickly moved their old church from N. 26th and Sprague to N. 24th and Binney, but their old building stood on the site a few years. In 1902, popular Omaha architects Fischer and Lawrie designed a grand gothic, traditionally-laid out building. The church also hosts a school across the street, and a rectory next door.
Former Churches in North Omaha
So many churches have started, thrived, emptied out and closed throughout North Omaha that I can’t possibly include all of them here. However, here are some of the ones I’ve found. If you know of a former North Omaha church that should be here, please share the information with me in the comments section below.
On the corner of North 24th and Ogden Avenue sits the former Pearl Memorial United Methodist Church. This building opened in 1906, and closed in the 1990s.
Other historic churches in North Omaha included Immanuel Baptist Church in Kountze Place at North 24th and Pinkney Streets. Our Savior Lutheran Church was at 1001 North 30th Street. Today, that building is home to St. Matthew’s Mission Baptist Church. The integrated congregation of Hope Lutheran Church bought Pella Lutheran Church’s building at 2723 North 30th Street in 1946, and stands there today. Asbury United Methodist Church was at 2319 Ogden Street for more than 50 years.
One denomination went above all others in its commitment to North Omaha. In the early 1900s, the Omaha Presbyterian Theological Seminary was opened in Kountze Place. Its goal was to educate Presbyterian ministers for growing rural populations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota and Kansas. It closed permanently in the 1940s, and the building was demolished in the 1970s.
Another Black congregation in North Omaha was St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church at North 26th and Seward Streets. Organized in 1920 by community leader Rev. Russell Taylor (1871-1933), it was an important location for the Omaha Civil Rights movement in the 1920s. St. Paul’s was burnt down in 1930 and not reorganized.
With a beautiful building constructed in 1919, the St. Therese of the Child Jesus Catholic Church at 5314 N. 14th Avenue was a bastion of East Omaha for more than 75 years. It closed and merged with Sacred Heart.
St. John’s Episcopal Church was founded in 1885 at North 26th and Franklin Streets. A white-only congregation, they moved to North 25th and Browne by 1900. In 1927, their new building opened at 3004 Belevedre Boulevard. After floundering for a decade, St. John’s merged with St. Phillip the Deacon Episcopal Church, a segregated Black church, in 1987 to form the Episcopal Church of the Resurrection.
The First Universalist Church was started in a social hall and built a large, fine church at 1823 Lothrop Street in the Kountze Place neighborhood in the 1890s. In 1906, the Hartford Memorial Church of the Bretheren bought the building, and in the 1950s they sold it to the congregation that became Rising Star Baptist Church. They are there today.
Finally, the Holy Angels Catholic Church and School was located on the northeast corner of N. 27th and Fowler Avenue in North Omaha. A larger church was built by 1920, but because of white flight both the church and school dwindled steadily in numbers from the mid-1960s through the 1970s. It also merged with Sacred Heart parish, and the entire complex was demolished in 1980. Today, the site of the church abuts the North Freeway / Sorenson Parkway interchange.
White flight drove many churches away from North Omaha. Either by following their flocks or because of dwindling numbers of congregants, several churches established in the Near North Side and Kountze Place neighborhoods moved westward to follow their congregants.
One such church is Covenant Presbyterian Church which began as Bedford Place Presbyterian Church in 1893. In 1904 the name changed to Church of the Covenant, and in 1906 the church moved to North 27th and Pratt Street, and in 1957, it moved to North 51st and Ames Avenue. They eventually moved to west Omaha. Another example is St. Paul Lutheran Church. In 1887, St. Paul German Lutheran Church was started at North 26th and Hamilton Streets. Just five years later, in 1892, the church moved to a new building at North 28th and Parker Streets. When that church was demolished by the Easter Sunday Tornado of 1913, the congregation built a new church at North 25th Avenue and Evans Street in the Kountze Place neighborhood. After adding a school in 1930, the church remained here until 1958. They moved to North 50th and Grand Avenue in 1959, and built a new building there in 1966, where they remained until 2019 when they closed permanently.
Official Omaha Landmarks
Several churches in North Omaha feature notable architecture, and eleven of the community’s churches are designated as official Omaha Landmarks or listed on the National Register of Historic Places, or NRHP.
Originally called North Presbyterian Church, then Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church, and now home to the Church of Jesus Christ Whole Truth, the building at 3105 N. 24th Street has been noted as, “architecturally significant to Omaha as a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival Style of architecture.” The building is listed on the NRHP and is designated as an Omaha Landmark.
The St. John’s AME Church built a proud Prairie style building designed by notable L.A. architect Frederick Stott. Its two previous buildings were located nearer to present-day downtown Omaha, with the second one designed by an African American architect in North Omaha named Clarence Wigington. The building is designated as an Omaha Landmark and listed on the NRHP.
Holy Family Church is listed on the NRHP and is designated as an Omaha Landmark. Holy Family Church is the oldest existing Catholic church building in Omaha and the oldest remaining brick church structure in the city.
Built in 1902 in Kountze Place, the Sacred Heart Catholic Church was originally an upper class celebration of Catholic influence and growth. As the neighborhood around it changed, the church morphed to serve local needs and today continues supporting a neighborhood school and several other ministries. It is both an Omaha Landmark and listed on the NRHP.
The site of the Robinson Memorial Church of God in Christ at 2318 N. 26th Street celebrates one of the strongest legacies of any church leader in Omaha history. For more than 20 years, Lizzie Robinson traveled the country on behalf of the denomination to establish new congregations. Her legacy continues today as the churches keep flourishing in their second century. The site has been designated an official Omaha Landmark.
In 1905, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Omaha broke ground on a new Saint Cecilia’s Cathedral, located at N. 40th and Burt Streets in North Omaha. Ranked as one of the United States’ ten largest cathedrals, it was designed by Thomas Rogers Kimball in the Second Spanish Colonial style. It was built on the edge of the Walnut Hill neighborhood, and took 50 years to complete construction. It is listed on the NRHP, and is designated as an Omaha Landmark.
The most recent addition to the list of North Omaha churches on the National Register of Historic Places is also the newest building. St. Richard’s Catholic School and Rectory was constructed in 1961 at 4318 Fort Street. Designed in the Mid-Century Modern style to meet its once-suburban neighborhood’s needs, the parish closed in the 2000s. Today, it serves as a senior home, youth center and social services facility.
Changing with Neighborhoods
In the late 1980s, my neighborhood grocery store became a church. Phil’s Foodway once had a store at N. 24th and Fort where my family shopped regularly after we moved to the Miller Park neighborhood. At some point, all the kids in the neighborhood started talking about the store’s closing, and sure enough, one day everyone knew they could get ice cream there cheap! I bought four half-gallon boxes for $.50 apiece and hauled them home, and Phil’s was closed after that. Within a few years, the Tabernacle of Faith Church of God In Christ opened in the old supermarket at 2404 Fort Street.
There are many newer churches serving North Omaha. Many congregations of the Church of God in Christ serve North Omaha, including Second Advent COGIC on N. 30th; Power House COGIC on Browne Street and N. 25th Avenue; and the St. Timothy COGIC at N. 24th and Himebaugh Avenue.
The Christ-Love Unity Church is at N. 29th and Ellison Avenue, and the Mount Carmel Baptist Church is located at N. 27th and Camden Avenue. Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church was open in 1949, and continues serving the Minne Lusa and Florence neighborhoods at 7301 N. 28th Street today.
The church building at 2502 North 51st Street in the Benson neighborhood has an interesting and transitional history. Opened in 1929 as the First Church of the Brethren, it closed in 1965. In 1978, it became the God’s Missionary Baptist Church, and then in 2005 it opened as the Saint Vincent of Lerins Antiochian Orthodox Church.
Forever strong in their faith, North Omaha’s Christian community has many faces, names, denominations, congregations and groups. Hopefully, they’ll learn how to work together to support each other and build the community as a whole. Towards that goal, I am sharing the following directory of Christian congregations. Please let me know if you have any corrections or additions in the comments section.
North Omaha Church Directory
These are active churches in North Omaha today. Please share any corrections with me using the comments section!
Other Churches in North Omaha
- St. Vincent of Lerins Western Rite Orthodox at 2502 N 51st St
- Christ-Love Unity Church at 2903 Ellison Avenue
- Faith Deliverance Church at 2901 North 30th Street
- Episcopal Church of the Resurrection at 3004 Belvedere Blvd
- Cleaves Temple CME at 2431 Decatur Street
African Methodist Episcopal Churches in North Omaha
- Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal at 2842 Monroe Street
- St. John’s African Methodist Episcopal at 2402 N. 22nd Street
Apostolic Churches in North Omaha
- Apostolic Oblates at 6762 Western Avenue
- Bethlehem Apostolic at 6910 Maple Street
- Grace Apostolic at 2216 Military Ave
Assembly of God in North Omaha
- Freedom Assembly of God at 4224 N 24th Street
- Royal Assembly of God at 2864 State St
Baptist Churches in North Omaha
- Community Baptist at 8019 N. 31st Street
- Cross Road Baptist at 6068 Ames Avenue
- Jehovah Shammah Baptist at 2537 N. 62nd Street
- Karen Street Baptist at 6109 Karen Street
- Mt Moriah Baptist Church at 2602 North 24th Street
- St. Mark Baptist Church at 3616 Spaulding Street
- Pilgrim Baptist at 2501 Hamilton Street
- Salem Baptist at 3131 Lake Street
- Mount Nebo Missionary Baptist at 5501 North 50th Street
- Second Baptist at 1802 Emmet Street
- Rising Star Baptist Church at 1823 Lothrop Street
Catholic Churches in North Omaha
- Blessed Sacrament Catholic at 3020 Curtis Street (closed)
- Holy Family Catholic at 1715 Izard Street
- Holy Name Catholic at 3014 N. 45th Street
- Holy Angels Catholic at 2720 Fowler Avenue (closed)
- Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic at 5215 Seward Street
- Sacred Heart Catholic at 2218 Binney Street
- St. Benedict the Moor Catholic at 2423 Grant Street
- St. Bernard Catholic at 3601 N. 65th Street
- St. Cecilia Catholic at 701 N. 40th Street
- St. John’s Parish Catholic at 2500 California Plaza
- St. Philip Neri Blessed Sacrament Parish at 8201 North 30th Street
- St. Richard Catholic at 4320 Fort Street (closed
- St. Therese of the Child Jesus Catholic at 5314 N. 14th Avenue (closed)
Christian Churches in North Omaha
- Benson Christian at 2704 N. 58th Street
- Christian Discipleship Christian at1823 Lake Street
- City Church Christian at 6051 Maple Street
- Florence Alliance Christian at 8702 N. 30th Street
- Florence Christian at 7300 Northridge Drive
- Fort Street Christian at 5116 Terrace Drive
- Freedom Christian at 4606 N. 56th Street
- Northside Family Christian at 4102 Florence Boulevard
- Pilgrim Christian at 2818 N. 70th Street
- Shiloh Christian at 1501 N. 33rd Street
- Sonrise Christian at 4623 N. 54th Circle
- Benson Christian at 2704 N. 58th Street
- Christ Temple Christian at 2124 N. 26th Street
Church of Christ in North Omaha
- Church Of Christ at 5922 Fort Street
- Church Of Christ at 5118 Hartman Avenue
- Church of Christ at 4628 Grand Avenue
- Faith Temple Church of Christ at 3049 Curtis Avenue
- Friends Of Christ Evangelical Church of Christ at 3208 Corby Street
- Jesus Christ Church of Christ at 1517 N. 30th Street
- New Life Church of Christ at 1712 N. 24th Street
- Tabernacle Church of Christ at 1521 N. 25th Street
- Antioch Church of Christ at 3654 Miami Street
Church of God in Christ in North Omaha
- Cathedral of Love Church of God in Christ at 2816 Ames Avenue
- Church of God in Christ at 2025 N. 24th Street
- International Church of God in Christ at 4628 Grand Avenue
- Church Of The Living God Church of God in Christ at 2029 Binney Street
- Church Of The Living God Church of God in Christ at 3805 Bedford Avenue
- Faith Temple Church of God in Christ at 3049 Curtis Avenue
- Faith Temple Church of God in Christ 2108 Emmet Street
- Freedom Church Assembly Church of God in Christ at 4430 Florence Blvd
- Gethsemane Church of God in Christ at 5720 N. 24th Street
- New Bethel Church of God in Christ at 1710 N. 25th Street
- New Life Church of God in Christ at 1712 N. 24th Street
- Power House Church of God in Christ at 2553 Browne Street
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in North Omaha
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – Florence Ward at 5217 North 54th Street
- Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints at 8283 N. 34th Street
Lutheran Churches in North Omaha
- American Lutheran at 4140 N. 42nd Street
- Augustana Lutheran at 3647 Lafayette Avenue
- Bethany Lutheran at 5151 Northwest Radial Highway
- Deaf Bethlehem Lutheran at 5074 Lake Street
- Garden-Gethsemane Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran at 4543 Camden Avenue
- Hope Lutheran at 2723 N. 30th Street
- Immanuel Lutheran at 2725 N. 60th Avenue
- Lutheran Metropolitan Ministries at 4205 Boyd Street
- Mount Olive Lutheran at 7301 N. 28th Avenue
- Northside Community Lutheran at 1511 N. 20th Street
- Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer at 4757 N. 24th Street
- St. John’s Lutheran Church at 11120 Calhoun Road
- Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran at 6201 N. 60th Street
- St Paul Lutheran at 5020 Grand Avenue
- Trinity Lutheran Church at 6340 North 30th Street
United Methodist Churches in North Omaha
- Asbury United Methodist at 5226 N. 15th Street (closed)
- Clair Memorial United Methodist at 5544 Ames Avenue
- Olive Crest United Methodist Church at 7180 North 60th Street
- Pearl Memorial United Methodist, originally at 757 N. 24th Street then at 2319 Ogden Street (closed)
- Trinity United Methodist at 6001 Fontenelle Boulevard
- Florence Methodist Church, Bluff Street (closed)
Presbyterian Churches in North Omaha
- Benson Presbyterian at 5612 Corby Street
- Clifton Hill Presbyterian, N. 45th and Grant Streets (closed, demolished)
- Covenant Presbyterian Church at N. 27th and Pratt Streets (closed, demolished)
- Florence Presbyterian at 8314 N. 31st Street
- Harvest Community Presbyterian at 4932 Ohio Street (closed)
- Lowe Avenue Presbyterian at 1023 N. 40th Street (closed)
- Miller Park Presbyterian at 3020 Huntington Avenue (closed)
- Mount View Presbyterian at 5308 Hartman Avenue
- New Life Presbyterian at 4060 Pratt Street
- St. Paul Presbyterian at 2531 Seward Street (closed)
- Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church (closed)
- Hillside Presbyterian Church in North Omaha (closed)
You Might Like…
- Directory of Historic Churches in North Omaha
- History of Black Churches in Omaha
- History of Churches in Florence, Nebraska
- Pearl Memorial United Methodist Church
- Mount Moriah Baptist Church
- Holy Family Catholic Parish
- Calvin Memorial Presbyterian Church
- St. Phillip the Deacon Episcopal Church
- St. John’s AME Church
- Hillside Presbyterian Church
- Bethel AME Church
- Cleaves Temple CME Church
- New Bethel Church of God in Christ
- Mt. Calvary Community Church
- St. Benedict the Moor Catholic Parish and the Bryant Resource Center
- Hope Lutheran Church
- St. John’s Catholic Parish
- Zion Baptist Church
- St. Clare’s Monastery / Starlight Chateau
- Omaha Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- A History of Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Immanuel Baptist Church
- History of North Omaha’s Jewish Community
- History of Catholic Schools in North Omaha